Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The 30 second update

Well, this is embarrassing. It's been over a month since my last post, and a lot has happened in that time.

I'm tempted to leave it at that, and let the suspense wash over you....

But then you may never return. So allow me to recap:

Christmas open house resulted in great feedback on my beers, and helped me identify up to four 'house' beers, those that I would or should keep on tap.

We hosted Christmas and Boxing Day - lots of pyjama time spent with family. Lisa and Aiden managed to stay relatively healthy, but Marissa and I fought colds/virus stuff off and on throughout the holidays.

Lots of time spent in hockey rinks. Always fun.

Didn't brew over the holidays. Thought about it lots, but never did. However, as part of the homebrew group I am a part of, I gave 12 of my beers (six of the 1808 pale ale, six of the Wrecking Ball blonde ale). In return, I received 12 different types of beers from 12 different homebrewers. A great idea, a lot of different styles, so happy I was a part of this. Also a great opportunity to give and receive feedback, since many homebrewers are always looking for ways to improve.

I did expand my keezer from two to four taps. Here's a picture. The taps have all been bought/given/gifted and in no way reflect the great beer that comes out of the tap.


2014 rolled in. I finally received the best beer in the world - the Westy 12. Taste is always relative, but the story behind this Trappist beer is fascinating. I will give this it's own post that it deserves.

Recently, I brewed a Black IPA. It's currently fermenting, and I am very excited to try this one.

So there it is - le quick update. I will be back soon, as there is so much more to share.

Cheers.

No comments: