Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Interview with a home brewer and suburban swingers?

Here's that article that Katy Watts published today on her site. I hope that my passion for this little hobby of mine inspires people. I'm always open to anyone wanting to come by and sit in on a brew day. I also want to make it clear that I am no expert - there's a LOT of guys and girls I know that make exceptional beer - and I'm still a relative noob. But I'm always willing to share.

Speaking of sharing...

I've been hearing a lot from some reliable sources (police friends) about a practice that occurs in the suburbs. It involves leaving your garage door partially open as an invitation to swinging activities. The DJs on the radio I listen to in the morning also mentioned this. I'm sure it happens in all neighbourhoods, but in Ottawa, the rumour is it's more prevalent in areas to the South and West of downtown Ottawa.

What does this have to do with beer making?

When I brew in my garage, I use propane to heat my water and my boil and so I don't die from carbon monoxide and I leave my garage door partially open. My neighbour, two doors down, uses his garage as his smoking room, and he does the same thing.

If you are passing by and want to learn to brew, or just stop in and have a pint and chat, that's cool. But if you're looking for a little ménage-a-redhead, sorry, but my wife barely tolerates the smell of hops in the garage, let alone some stranger looking for a little action.



No comments: