Friday, December 13, 2013

Hockey and craft beer in Kingston

Nothing screams "Canadian" more than hockey, and in Ontario, Kingston is a great hockey town. Names like Don Cherry, Doug Gilmour, Kirk Muller, and Ken Linseman are synonymous with the city by the lake.

So when I found out my son's hockey team would be attending a tournament down the 401 in March, naturally, I was excited. Not only will be be a part of some great hockey, but it's a chance to get to know the parents and kids a bit better, and be able to share some homebrew. In fact, there are two homebrewering dads that have kids on the team - me and my brewing mentor. Our eyes lit up over the prospect of a weekend trip away.

Kingston is not currently known to house any micro-breweries yet, but something tells me it's coming shortly. Until then, I'll need to find a way to get to this bar and grab a few pints.

No comments: