Wednesday, May 26, 2010

40 Beers to Celebrate 40 Years! Day 37

Beer: Georg Schneider's Weisen Edel-Weisse
Type: Wheat beer
Region: Germany
Rating:Novice/Intermediate

Holy crap, what a beautiful beer this is. At first open, a quick sniff told me it had the familiar trappings of a wheat beer - floral, grassy, tinge of hoppiness.

This beer is deemed 'organic', which I guess means it's good for you, but what beer isn't? Again, another 500 ml bottle at 6.2% alc makes me wonder what are the other brewers doing putting their creations in small bottles?

In any case, I poured this into a much taller pilsner glass, and noticed the head was very light, slight tan colour, and lasted awhile (but not throughout the consumption period). The taste is familiar to other wheat beers but the differences are subtle and yet extremely memorable and likeable - incredibly smooth finish, slight sweet and bitter when as it makes it way down the throat. There is really nothing not to like about this beer, except the fact that if you only buy one, you'll be wishing there was more in the fridge.

2 comments:

Beer coolers said...

Dude.. I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. Its amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often.

Max said...

Marc, how could you go wrong with a beer that has Edelweisse in it's name........! ;)